With or Without

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank With or Without

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Eyers 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM +1.4x III
    ƒ/7.1
    318.0 mm
    1/640

Can't decide on whether to remove the environmental clues in this one or not. I kind of like them in but thought the sharks' input might be helpful. Any other critiques are also very welcome.

_V4A2980.jpg

_V4A2980-3.jpg

Robert Apple

What about the leaf but not the stick,, maybe, better without in this framing, more of a portrait style photo and as it stands the leaf is just a distraction.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Agree, leave the leaf, remove the stick. I like the depth the leaf gives.

billyspad
    Participant

If it was mine both would go. Whilst Eric has a good point the leaf is too intrusive. Hard one to call but a very nice shot my friend.

Tom M
    Participant

Yea, I think both have got to go, but also on my monitor there is a green hue in the white of the fur, that probably ought to be reduced some. Maybe it's just my monitor? It's nice and sharp for sure, but needs something else of interest in there, me thinks…

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

I would keep both the leave and the stick – I don't find them intrusive at all. Without them, this photo still looks good to me, but kinda too simple, like a plain portrait. The streak of green makes it more alive.

John Thompson

Maybe remove the monkey and emphasize the stick?  Ok, I have not had coffee yet….

beth
    Participant

i like it with, it looks more like a natural setting.  and i can tell something has been removed in the other.

Roger Wehage
    Participant

My wife says he looks more like me in the morning without the leaf and stick, so probably keep them in.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Thank you all for your input. It isn't unanimous but I think I'll leave the leaf and stick alone.

Tom: this little guy was on a bamboo stock surrounded by greenery so you're correct that he's a little green…that was the light that was there. No need to to adjust your monitor.

John: Best to not start drinking before your coffee me thinks.

Roger: My condolences to your wife. Maybe invest in some Gillette stuff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.