Last Updated on by
Photographers and hairstylists need to work closely together in order to produce truly amazing images of various hairstyles, both traditional and unconventional ones.
Proper camera settings and lighting matter a lot when it comes to makeup and hairstyle photography – it can be a demanding genre for novice photographers!
If you are looking to learn more about portrait photography then take a look at our Light Stalking Portrait Photography page. This page brings together every portrait photography tutorial and tip on the site (and several other sites) that we think will round out your skills as a portrait photographer.
The following 25 images are great examples of creative hairstyle photography – we hope they will inspire you to shoot something equally stylish on your own.
In this guide you'll learn:
- Where to find the best natural light
- How to get great shots with minimal equipment
- How to make your own lighting gear from stuff that’s lying around your house
- How to bend, squeeze, and alter light for dramatic effects
- How to pose a single subject and groups of subjects
- What are the best lenses to use
- How good of a camera do you need
- What steps to take for razor-sharp photos
- What f/stop should you use
- And much more…
If you want to learn more about fashion and glamour photography, feel free to check out the following links!
- How To Plan A Fashion Photography Shoot
- Got Your First Fashion Show Coming Up?
- Essential Tips For Photographers Considering An Outdoor Fashion Shoot
- The Beginner’s Guide To Makeup Photography
- Hairstyles Photography Ideas
- How To Photograph Hair Models
Take a look at our fantastic Portrait Photography page where we've brought together every portrait photography tutorial and tip on the site (and several other sites) that we think will round out your skills as a portrait photographer.
Just a friendly reminder that this page is also a living document for portrait photographers who want a single online reference for the craft. It will change and be updated often, so bookmark it and come back as you need to.
The Art Of Portrait Photography is your chance to truly master portrait photography, and produce your own inspiring, memorable images that convey real meaning and emotion. In The Art Of Portrait Photography, you will discover the insider secrets used by professionals to take your portrait photography to the next level.