Last Updated on by
Jumping photos are certainly fun to shoot but they can be somewhat challenging especially if you’re a newbie photographer. That’s why we will share a few tips on how to take amazing jumping photographs along with great examples of such images!
Tips For Great Jumping Photos
1. If you shoot from a lower angle, it will appear as though there is more space between your subject and the ground. Feel free to get down low or squat near the ground.
2. Tell your subjects to relax their faces – when people jump, they tend to tighten their faces which usually doesn’t look good.
3. Always use the continuous burst mode on your camera so that you can take many images and catch the entire jump, from take-off to landing.
4. Use a fast shutter speed to freeze the movement.
5. If you want to take a jumping selfie, use a remote – it’s much easier than running back and forth between your camera and your jumping spot.
Creative Examples Of Jumping Photos
Experiment with various locations and perspectives in order to get truly memorable jumping images, just like the ones below!
If you want to learn more about capturing movement in photography, check out the links below!