Light Stalking has grown into a thriving community with close to a million people following us or seeing us online in one form or other, every month. In all of the hullabaloo, it’s easy to miss the core of what’s happening in photography on Light Stalking. So that’s why we decided to sum it up for you. Here’s what you missed recently on Light Stalking.
Photo by Richard Taylor.
The Most Popular Stories from the Last 7 Days
• How Art History Can Improve Your Photography– How the old masters of painting influenced modern day photography. The true origin “getting it right in-camera”.
• Making Interesting Photos from the Mundane: 30 Creative Photos of Street Lamps – Talented photographers can find interesting shots in the most mundane subject, and these shots of street lamps are great examples.
• Getting the Most out of Photoshop – Part Two – These simple yet effective tips will improve your photos and make them stand out.
• The Coolest Photography Links of the Past Week– Toad Hollow Photography's weekly list of the best photographs, tutorials and blogs on the web.
What You Missed in the Light Stalking Community
Submit your photo to this week's photography challenge – Leading Lines!
We have had some great responses to our last few photography challenges on the forum. Last week’s photography challenge was Crowds – Make a crowd photo interesting. Perhaps you got a good shot at one of this weekends last weekend of summer events? Also, check out the fantastic images from last week in What Inspires You?.
Other Weekly Photography Challenges:
View this week’s Mobile Monday Challenge.
We’d love to chat with you! Add your opinions here:
• Photos of the Photographer
• Which Photograph Turned You to Photography?
• THROWDOWN: Ice
• Analog Cameras
What Are Our Members Up To?
We have some amazing members here at Light Stalking that runs the gamut from career professional photographers through to beginner enthusiast. Here’s what a few of them are up to in photography.
Great Shots Uploaded to the Light Stalking Community
Photo by Yvonne. She can be found on Flickr.
If you’re not already part of the Light Stalking community then come and join the fun. We promise not to bite!
Rachael Towne is a photographer and the creator of photoluminary.com.
What We Recommend to Improve Your Photography Fast
It's possible to get some pretty large improvements in your photography skills very fast be learning some fundamentals. Consider this the 80:20 rule of photography where 80% of the improvements will come from 20% of the learnable skills. Those fundamentals include camera craft, composition, understanding light and mastering post-production. Here are the premium guides we recommend.