Light Stalking has grown into a thriving community with close to a million people following us or seeing us online in one form or other, every month. In all of the hullabaloo, it’s easy to miss the core of what’s happening in photography on Light Stalking. So that’s why we decided to sum it up for you. Here’s what you missed recently on Light Stalking.
The Most Popular Stories from the Last 7 Days
• 5 Tips, Tricks, & Mods to Spice Up Your Lomography – Spice up your love affair with analog and improve your toy camera photography skills.
• Amazing Photographs of Tracks and Paths – Follow the great compositional tool of leading lines…or don't!
• The Art of the Local Photo Safari – How to Find Interesting Photo Subjects When There Are None – You don't have to travel to exotic locations to find interesting things to take photographs of. Train yourself to hunt down great photographs wherever you are.
•More Photography Links That Are Made of Win– Toad Hollow Photography's weekly collection of great photography and interesting links .
What You Missed in the Light Stalking Community
Submit your photographs for this week’s photography challenge – Transportation. Show us your creativity with shots of trains, boats, planes, cars, buses, subway, taxis, bicycles and more. Also, check out the fantastic images from last week in Better Your Best Shot From the Last Month.
Other Weekly Photography Challenges:
View this week’s Mobile Monday Challenge.
We’d love to chat with you! Add your opinions here:
• THROWDOWN: At the Breakfast Table
• Starry night
• Blue Jet: Corvette Grand Sport
• Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
What Are Our Members Up To?
We have some amazing members here at Light Stalking that runs the gamut from career professional photographers through to beginner enthusiast. Here’s what a few of them are up to in photography.
Great Shots Uploaded to the Light Stalking Community
Photo by Toad Hollow Photography. Toad Hollow can be seen on his website.
Photo by Richard Taylor.
If you’re not already part of the Light Stalking community then come and join the fun. We promise not to bite!
Rachael Towne is a photographer and the creator of photoluminary.com.
What We Recommend to Improve Your Photography Fast
It's possible to get some pretty large improvements in your photography skills very fast be learning some fundamentals. Consider this the 80:20 rule of photography where 80% of the improvements will come from 20% of the learnable skills. Those fundamentals include camera craft, composition, understanding light and mastering post-production. Here are the premium guides we recommend.