Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LesLuminaireHY
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @lesluminairehy

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

My name is Hezekiah Josiah Hicks, and I’m an Creative, specializing in: Acting, Cinematography, Dancing, Photography, Poetry, Publishing, Singing and soon; Audio Production,Baking/Cooking, Digital Illustration, Illustration, UI/UX Design, and Web Design.

I predominantly taught myself most of the arts, and currently attending the University of Maryland of Baltimore County for my Photography B.F.A. and Media and Communications Studies. I love the world and the various exterior and interior facets of life, on a macro and micro level. I began my journey of photography in 2004, in 9th grade. I always stuck with Sony for Playstation 1 and 2, and decided to get a camera. I can’t really recall why I wanted one, just that I did. Researching was my specialitie, especially when it came to christmas and birthday gifts, so I saved up my money and brought the Cybershot 4.1MP. I began to shoot everything, mostly nature. I soon amassed 2,000 photos. Around that time, I also was into computers and build my own with my oldest sisters husband. Overtime, It developed several complications and, I lost the images.

Even with this loss, I was happy, and didn’t quit. It was now 2008, and I used my money to purchase the Sony Cybershot 8MP. I was moving on up! Heh. I started focusing on people (friends, family), Nature, Architecture and Landscapes. I amassed 2,000 frames, and also worked with Lightroom since it’s Alpha. My skills grew, as Lightroom grew. In 2010, my mother helped me purchase the Canon Rebel XS. It was beautiful. I was on the next level and believed that his was my calling. I increased my learning with resources from; Scott Kelby, RC Conception, Frank Dorkof (SP?), Digital Photography Forums, Lightstalking (HEY!), and many other photography websites and photographers. I too lost the photos. After finally finding a job (My first! I shunned the restaurant jobs, which my friends had), I learned of SmugMug, Flickr and the greatest: CrashPlan. Fast forward to 2014, I’ve researched full-frame cameras and purchased a grey market eBay Canon 5D Mark III for five hundred dollars less in new condition. It was a great deal, and found out from the reputable Canon Rumors site. Receiving this, brought my knowledge to new heights and finally decided to make it a profession. Some of my colleagues purchased photos from me, and did shoots with me. It was wonderful. And at the end of the year, I started learning video. It was new and exotic, though, i’ve been a film connoisseur since adolescence, watching over 3,000 films/shows.

Today, I’m pushing my knowledge in film, sound and lighting each day!

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking, Les. You are a man with many interests. I am glad you have found a reliable way to backup photos. I use Smugmug, also. In addition my photos are on my computer and a backup hard drive (two actually.) I do not have nearly as many images, and I spend some amount of time reducing that number. Age appropriate work for me! We have our critique forum, SharkTank, but we also have non-critique forums, including the Landscape Forum, the Weekend Photography Challenge, various Photography Throwdowns, and my personal favorite, Mobile Monday. Posting first on non-critique forums is a fun way to meet members and get familiar with the site. I hope you will choose a forum and start posting.

quasiphoto
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @hkmp50

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello Les,

Welcome to the forum. It will be interesting to see what your experiences have brought to bloom. There is a mix of some very accomplished and some very amateur photographers here that will benefit from your experience. I am looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers,
            Frank

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author