• Author
      nszczecinski
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @nszczecinski

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi guys!
        My name is Natasha and I am an American expat living in North QLD, Australia. I love to travel, and I think most travelers have a natural affinity to photography – whether they are good at it or not!

I first got the idea to up my photography game at a nature photography show. One of the exhibits was a array of macro shots, each on a 1×1 stretch canvas. Most were just pure texture and color, and unless you were familiar with the subject, you wouldn’t know what you were looking at. Think coral trout skin. Anyway, I got it in my head I could exhibit my own travels in my house in a similar, more artsy way – instead of just photos of me and my fiancĂ©e in front of famous-monument-a. I’ve been trying to improve my photography ever since!

I can’t wait to get started with these forums – A lot of times I can’t see why a photo doesn’t have the power so many others do. I’m looking forward to improving my eye for beauty. 🙂

CC: @admin

Tobie
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome @nszczecinski! It sounds like you’ve done quite a bit of travelling so I’m looking forward to see some shots & discussions from you! I see you’ve already taken a dive into the Shark Tank so – enjoy the swim! 🙂

nszczecinski
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: No
              @nszczecinski

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thank you @Tobie! So far, I’m think the feedback is of real value. I’m glad I’ve found this group. 🙂

I feel silly asking this, but how do you tag people in forums? I feel like I’m doing the right thing with the @, but it doesn’t seem to be live linking people.

Tobie
                  • Allows Edits: Yes
                  @tobiepsg
                  • Contender Icon
                  • Throwdowner Icon
                  Allows Edits? Yes

The @-method is the way to go (ensure all characters of the tag are in lower case) but I must admit I don’t believe the tagging is notifying the tagged members as it should – and it has not been working for some time now. Something for @admin to look at…

@tersha
                  @dchester1001

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author