Hello!

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9y ago by phoem.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      phoem
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @phoem

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi everyone,

I’m Elena and a beginner in photography.
        Actually I’m a beginner as long as I remember myself. I was always drawn to good photographs from magazines etc and occasionally bought books about it but life just got in the way and to tell you the truth I was intimidated by the techical knowledge needed so I soon gave up whatever lessons I attended. I bought my first dslr ten years ago but only lately did I resolve to actually learn more about the subject. So I bought a prime lens, I read as much as I can from the variety of good information open in the Internet and just shoot everyday. Most of it is to be thrown but occassionally there are one or two that please me.
        There are many good photographs I’m drawn too, probably the same as everyone else but I specifically cherish the book “Love” from MILK I bought many years ago. I appreciated the good photos there and how such an illusive and complicate feeling can be described in a single photo like a poem without words. The book is pologued by Kim Phuc, whose photo as a child running from war we all remember.
        Well, thank you for the welcoming and looking forward to discuss photographs with you.

elena

Arthur
        Participant
          @arthurr4

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

@phoem Hi Elena, welcome. Sounds like you have the right idea. Keep reading, looking and taking photos. So much to learn both from others and by practice but it’s fun or should be. Enjoy.

lburgess
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @lburgess

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Take as many pictures as you can! Then go back and look at pictures you took a year ago, and you will see how the practice pays off. Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

phoem
              Participant
                @phoem

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Thank you and you are right I can see the difference already week by week. I suppose I’ ll laugh at them in a year!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author