WhiteGold
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @whitegold

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks @admin for the add – much obliged đŸ™‚

Well, I am first and foremost a dairy farmer living in South Australia, but I hail from a few different places prior to here including the UK (where I was born), then via Sweden, Malta and Israel before coming to settle in Australia. I have worked in a range of different areas in the past from hospitality, shipbuilding and deck-handing jobs, but overriding all of those things has been a love of, and a need for, art and beauty in my life. I started sketching and painting in a serious way when I was about 9 years old and got so hooked on it that I carried a sketch pad and paper around with me everywhere I went, and failing that, the back of an old envelope and a biro would do…I always loved monochrome above colour, and I suspect the first photo that I fell in love with was a black and white although I couldn’t tell you when or whom it was taken by.

When I turned 18, before I came to Aus, my grandparents bought me a little point and shoot Canon camera – I had never owned one before, but it’s only relatively recently, 3 years ago in fact, that I bought my first DSLR. I was intimidated by this monstrous thing with it’s detachable lens, and basically just used in in the same way as I had my point and shoot, never using anything but auto modes and not really understanding the full potential of this machine I had purchased. Then, about a year ago, a new dairy friend of mine liked a photo in a facebook group which showed up in my feed. Intrigued, and not really realising that such things existed (I am a bit of a technophobe) I applied to join…I am now a member of about 10 different groups, a local photography group and run my own page and am seriously considering go pro in a few years time. The learning curve has been steep but I haven’t used anything but manual for nearly a year, have learnt how to do milky way shots, portraits and a host of other things although I am still a long way from the standard I hope to achieve! I hope I can learn from the other members of this group, and also give assistance where possible to others. Thanks and look forward to making your acquaintance!

quasiphoto
        Participant
          @hkmp50

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Gday mate.

Nice to see some one else that likes monochrome. I really do not consider myself a photographer, rather a person who loves the artistic productions of those who have the skills to do so. So bring it on mate, lets see what you got…

Cheers!

WhiteGold
          Participant
            @whitegold

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi @quasiphoto,

Thanks for the hail! This site is a little intimidating and I am still navigating my way round trying to get a feel for the place, but I hope to get a few images up soon đŸ™‚

quasiphoto
            Participant
              @hkmp50

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Yeah, I know what you mean. It is certainly different than the ones I frequent also. We’ll get there though. See ya in the forums!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author