Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      flutelady
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @flutelady

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Newbie here… just came across this group of seekers and so far I am definitely impressed. I have loved photography for years. My first “dslr” was a DiImage I found in a pawn shop about 15 years ago. My Idol is my Grandfather, Coy Poe, who was a professional photographer and outdoorsman. He got into “portraiture” to make a living but Landscapes were his love and a few hang on my walls. I love his blend of light and reflection in photos from the Sun Valley, Idaho area. In as much as I am always being captured, drawn away by the “things” that catch my eye… truly dangerous since I spend so much time driving the local highways, lol… an interest in learning Macro and capturing the creatures of nature has kept me driven. My re-entry started with a great package deal on a Canon…. I’ve passed that t3i on to my daughter and moved on to a 7D… lenses include a Tamaron 18-270 and Canon 100-400… that Tam 150-600 weighed more but dang it takes good pics…. I know what I like and I have much to learn…. I am a full time Hospice nurse and part time musician (Native American Style Flute) and, hopefully, emerging photographer….. The music and art protect my spirit and help keep me sane…. I am Rae*D*ent Art ….. preparing to pretend to retire and PLAY a lot more than I work 🙂

Tobie
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome from a co-musician, @flutelady! I would have loved to give a Tamron 150-600 a go on both my cameras but I’m afraid my budget won’t allow it for a while at least! 😉 I’m also preparing to protect my pension by means of a main income from potography 2 years from now! 🙂

I’m looking forward to seeing your shots and participation in others’ posts!

Arthur
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: Yes
            @arthurr4

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome from another musician. Play more than work it’s good for the soul.

lburgess
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: No
              @lburgess

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Welcome flutelady! I look forward to seeing some of your work! How wonderful to have an accomplished photographer in your family to look up to. It must be wonderful to look at those images on a regular basis.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author