Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stefan Kolodzinski
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @stefankolodzinski

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Mum and dad went to Fiji in the early 70’s and bought a basic little Konica 35mm viewfinder camera -(I think 38mm fixed lense) to take their holiday pics with.
        They used Kodachrome 25 slide film back then.
        When they got back and showed the holiday slides to me I was almost instantly hooked on photography.
        Seeing those holiday pics projected on a screen and showing all the brilliance of colour was just awesome to me at that moment in time.
        That Konica became my first camera and virtually exclusively shot slide film to teach myself good exposure techniques as slide film has lesser exposure latitude – thus more exacting.
        From there and some time later I purchased a second hand Nikon FTN – Manual camera to help me further understand exposure control / F stops / shutter speed / aperture and the relationship these have to one another as far as exposure is concerned.
        Later came a Nikon FE with motordrive / 50mm f/2 from FTN / 105mm f/2.5 / 105mm f/2.8 macro / 300mm f/4.
        Later again came a Nikon F90 and now I have a Nikon D7000 which came with an 18 – 105mm zoom plus I still have all the other older lenses.
        My main subject matter of interest are Landscapes / seascapes / skyscapes / macro / abstract / bit of sport (Mainly Soccer) / natural – available light portraiture / informal.
        Cheers.

CC: @admin, @tersha

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking, Stefan! We have a Forum for landscapes, and the General Photo ChitChat is a place to post other categories of photos. My favorite is SharkTank. Please consider giving it a try. I look forward to your posts.

John Thompson
            • Allows Edits: No
            @nikon-nut

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello @stefankolodzinski and welcome to Lightstalking. I would love to see your landscape pics posted in out Landscape forum. If you would like to have any image critiqued then post it in the Shark Tank. Have a good look around and again welcome.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author