Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mikki
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @mikki-2

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi…my name is Mikki and I want to thank you for allowing me to join. I teach special education, at the high school level, for students with profound and multiple disabilities. Have two children, two grandsons, and two rescue pups. I have always loved photography, especially when it is a picture of something most people don’t notice. I hope this site can help me correct mistakes and become more insightful as an amateur photographer. Thank you again

Tobie
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

I’m welcoming you with a salute Mikki! It takes very special people to do what you do! I’m looking forward to seeing your shots – use the Shark tank (ST) for critique and the other forums for showing your shots for fun!

mikki
          Participant
            @mikki-2

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Thank you….I am new to sharing my work and would really appreciate some critique. All I get from family and friends is ” oh, that’s so pretty/weird/funny, etc..”. I WANT to know how to do a better job.. So thank you again for the opportunity.

mikki
            Participant
              @mikki-2

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes
              quasiphoto
              Participant
                • Allows Edits: No
                @hkmp50

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello Mikki,

I am not usually the one to criticise others work as I feel inadequate in that I have no idea what it was that inspired you enough to try to capture what you saw or felt at the time. I feel, the art of photography is just that, art. Are you a Van Gogh or Picasso, or are you more surrealistic like Rene Magritte. Perhaps you are akin to Courbet or Manet, dabbling in realism. It is hard to know what to critique as there are as many photographic styles as there are artist expressing them. I find them all equally exhilarating as I do with various forms of art. Speaking of art, I was quite taken by your description under this work called “still beautiful” (on your home page). I could feel your passion in your use of mere words which conveyed such profound sentiment for the past prime specimen you present here. To tell you the truth, I rarely find someone with the ability to move me so quickly. You drew me into your world with just a few words, and I think that is remarkable, as I am usually rather stoic. The art of the wordsmith is rapidly declining, it is nice to see someone with that ability.

Well, if you are looking for some honest critique, I am sure that posting in the shark tank should put you to the test, hopefully you will find some answers.

PS from what I see in your second post (the sunset and construction site silhouette) you indeed have what is called an “eye” for the craft. That one is well done also.

Welcome and Cheers,
                Frank

The Falx
                Participant
                  • Allows Edits: No
                  @falx

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi man……you will get a balanced set of views here……but its only a step to greatness! 🙂

mikki
                  Participant
                    @mikki-2

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi Frank… Hope I’m replying in the right spot. Thank you so much for your comments! It feels great to be part of a community that, like me, sees the world a little differently than most. You made me feel right at home. School just let out for summer, so my camera and I will, hopefully, give everyone something to talk about! (Good or bad, I don’t care…just want to learn)
                    Mikki

mikki
                    Participant
                      @mikki-2

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Love your tag, The Falx. You have quite an eye for portraiture. I am looking forward to learning from everyone here. Thank you for your comment…I think I’m ready!
                      Mikki

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author