Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jlmcdowell
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @jlmcdowell

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hey folks, been hanging around here for a while looking in and just now signed up so I could try to help one of your members with an issue. I love to photograph, get out and see new things and find amazing locations. Im located in Idaho, USA on the Palouse in the town of Moscow, ID. I love to shoot landscapes and nature shots and I shoot with a Nikon D7100, D90 or my iphone 6P. Like many other people, I got into photography by accident but after seeing Ansel Adams and Peter Lik, Art Wolfe and Jack Dykinga, I was hooked and wanted to just get better. Eventually it clicked with me(no pun intended.) Anyway, looking forward to talking to you all.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking! What a great way to start as a new member by sharing expertise on SharkTank. We have our critique forum, SharkTank, but we also have non-critique forums including the Landscape Forum, the increasingly popular Weekend Photography Challenge, various Photography Throwdowns, and my personal favorite, Mobile Monday. The landscape guys will be thrilled to have you post and I hope you will join our small band of smartphone aficionados. I look forward to your posts.

Bronkid
          Participant
            @bronkid

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi Everyone
            I had a stroke (which I wasn’t expected to come out of) about 10 years adjoined I need something to get me active that wasn’t too stressful but also enjoyable. I had always been interested in photography but was too busy to get a camera. Well a slow down was being forced on me (someone upstairs said slow it down girl) so I bought a compact camera about 4 years after my stroke and have gone fore there.I have been photographing for about 6 years now by starting at my local camera club and learning from presenters on presentation nights & judges on competition nights. During the first couple of years my images were not very good but then it all started to gel with me and as I developed my eye and started seeing my images got better. A couple of very experienced amateur photographers and one pro photographer took me under their wing and thus the learning curve was very steep. My photography is still, as it will always be, developing as I learn new things and techniques. I am happy to give back to other people what I have learned and to encourage the love of seeing.

Albirder
              Participant
                • Allows Edits: Yes
                @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

I think this post is probably in the wrong place, so I am glad that I saw it! I have been watching your posts in SharkTank. You have a very keen eye for composition. I am so glad someone choose to mentor you and that you are prepared to “give forward”. That is actually what brought me here this morning. @jmcdowell gave some really helpful technical information to a member who truly needed help. I was curious if he had listed a technical background in his Introduction. I try, oh I try, to see silver linings. It would seem that your health crisis did have a silver lining, a really great one with your interest in photography. Enough of me flitting from subject to subject. I am so glad both of you have joined the LS community.

jlmcdowell
              Participant
                @jlmcdowell

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

@Albirder, I do have a very technical background and I’m very familiar with computers and software. Feel free to ask me anything and if I can help I will. I love to help people improve their photos as well do I like to have people help me. I learned everything I know about photography self taught and it was hard…still is and will always be a challenge. That is what I love so much about it. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author