Newly joined member from Singapore

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Newly joined member from Singapore

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9y ago by pchengws.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      pchengws
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @pchengws

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this web site and still learning how to find my way round.
        I am not a professional photographer but I took quite a bit of photos fro family, offices school events.
        I am retired just this month and have more time to improve my photography ready for my son’s wedding and hopefully grand-children will follow. I do travel some time.
        Hope I can learn from you guys.

Regards,

Pchengws

Albirder
        Participant
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking. I feel rather connected to Singapore because I follow a bird photographer, Ade Hall, who is from Singapore. He takes the most beautiful bird photos, along with John Sasse, I have ever seen. The critique forum is SharkTank but we also have non-critique forums. I hope you will choose one and start posting.

pchengws
          Participant
            @pchengws

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi Albirder,

Thank you for your invite. I will try but I have no long lens at this moment.

I am still trying to find out where this site has good example of photos and explain how it was taken. I show many beautiful photos but mostly with no details and some with exposure info. I would like to find out is that whether the photographer did purposely + or – compensation or did something in the post process to make it so clear and clean on the photos.

I am preparing myself for my son’s July wedding at Bali Indonesia. I hope I can master my flash skill in the open air. The ceremony starts in the late evening 5pm and runs into the night.

His solemnization in Singapore was at the mid afternoon near a harbour, and the lighting and flash made most of the faces having dark patches. I asked around and the comments were mid-day sun problem not the make up. That made me wants to solve this problem first so I do not repeat the same problem at Bali.

Albirder
            Participant
              @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

It is very hard to take pictures at your own family’s wedding. Is there any possibility of hiring a professional photographer for this day? I stopped taking pictures for years when my children were growing up because I got tired of seeing everything important that happened to them through the lens of my camera. Flash photography is tricky. I have not mastered it.

pchengws
              Participant
                @pchengws

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

A Pro is engaged for Bali wedding. I have taken many family wedding for others but just this time I encounter the problem because it is under bright sun light. For the rest it is in the hotel ballroom that I have no issue with.

I have posted the example photo but not shown up. I may have posted it wrongly.

Mistyisle
                Participant
                  @mistyisle
                  • Contender Icon
                  • Throwdowner Icon
                  Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome pchengws, to this website.

I love Singapore, such lovely people and great food. Bought my tripod there so always feel connected in that way. Our son and family are in Melaka, Malaysia (almost next door to you, or,well-239 kms) for two years.

Look forward to seeing some of your work !

pchengws
                  Participant
                    @pchengws

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi Mistyisle,

Thank you for your message. I hope I can pick up more skill from this web site.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author