Beach Life

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Beach Life

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Erik Fransman 5 days, 21 hours ago.

• Author

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Fujifilm X-T1, 1/550s, f/9. 10mm, ISO 200

Please click for Flickr:
    Beach Life

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I can’t unsee this Erik…thanks?

John Thompson

I thought the same thing Rob.  Eric how could you??  LOL!

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Such an interesting man. The lighting is dramatic and certainly plays well to his physique, which is what caught your eye I'm sure. Still… something seems missing here. Maybe consider a tighter crop? So, that the man is much more prominent within the frame. As interesting as he is… in my mind he is really lost against that background.

Federico Alegria
    Participant

This is what street photography is about, the unseen everyday moments of life. I really would love to see this in a horizontal shot rather than the squared format. This is just my taste talking, but if your intention was to keep a 1:1 ratio, then there is no problem at all, however, a wider crop would see much better since one of the shadows has been “decapitated”.

Thanks a lot for sharing this image with us.

PS: I'm wondering, how does this look in the classic chrome profile?

John Thompson

Sorry I forgot this was in the ST when I made my post.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Thank you for commenting. I will try your suggestions but need some time. I am in the middle of two film productions, so no spare time to work on photos.
    Just two quickies: A horizontal shot and a tighter crop.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Crop

Tom M
    Participant

🙂 The guy on the left looks like a sumo wrestler. I like the tighter crop better…

Tobie

Agreeing with Tom…

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Me too. I like the tighter crop. Now every nuance of his features can be studied, and it doesn't lose the context of where he is.

Jay Ward
    Participant

The guy in the right side background and the sloping awning next to him draw my eye away from the foreground.

Anonymous

I like the cropped version too.

Albirder
    Participant

Much better crop for me!

Anne Hornsby
    Participant

Interesting slice of life image.    Agree with others re close crop.   Also agree with Jay re fellow being a distraction (the white shirt fellow in background but in front of face/chest of guy on right).  Maybe turn his shirt black?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.