Capturing Early Morning Sunlight

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Capturing Early Morning Sunlight

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Erik Fransman 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Sujeet Deshpande
    Participant

All,

Image below was captured using an Nikon D90 set to Manual Focus @ ISO 200 and 1/100 sec shutter speed using a Samyang 14mm/f2.8 lens @ f11 aperture. Post processing included – Exposure Compensation +0.75; Dehaze filter +30%; Levels adjustment; Sharpening with High pass Filter @ 1 pixel. Personally I do not like to post process my images unless they have obvious issues. I like to keep any post processing to a bare minimum.

I would love to hear constructive feedback on Composition, Exposure and Post Processing or anything else which needs to be corrected.

Morning Watch

ebby
    Participant

It's a nice shot. i'd remove the very top cloud bc it's a little distracting

ebby
    Participant

oh, i don't know what the subject is though so it's a little busy. dog? if so, i'd make him lighter

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Hi Sujeet, I do like post-processing because my images usually need that.
    IMHO, yours need it too.
    Your image is called: Capturing Early Morning Sunlight so I would like to see a bit more early morning sunlight.
    Increase the contrast and add some sunshine.
    Now it is a bit flat overall.
    I like the feeling of the dog staring into the valley.

You have NO to other member editing your images. Otherwise, we could show what we mean.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.