Free Stuff

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan David 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Jay
    Participant

My friend was moving this weekend. She had a Rebel Ti 35mm film and some lenses. She was about ][ close to tossing the lot out when she said, ‘Hey I'll give them to Jay and they'll go to a good home.'

Here's the loot:

– Canon EOS Rebel Ti 35mm body [excellent condition];
    – Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DL Macro Super [tiny ding in glass (Sharpie fix)];
    – Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 II Minizoom Macro ASP [excellent cond];
    – UV filters for lenses [excellent cond];
    – Promaster bag [like NIB]; and
    – NIB Canon strap and Promaster cloth.

The lenses aren't great but the AF works on my dSLR, and the shorter focus macro thing is cool. Not too shabby for my budget and skill level. Anyone else have any good Free Stuff stories?

Astaroth
    Participant

It's a good loot :)!

I've recently won a eBay contest. I have now a new Manfrotto tripod 055XPROB and a 804RC2 head for free :). I think It's actual cost was about $400.

I would never pay $400 for a tripod :p, so It's great :)!

Astaroth
    Participant

It's a good loot :)!

I've recently won a eBay contest. I have now a new Manfrotto tripod 055XPROB and a 804RC2 head for free :). I think It's actual cost was about $400.

I would never pay $400 for a tripod :p, so It's great :)!

That's a good haul!

Never had anything like that though I did get my grandparent's box brownie last year. Still haven't used it yet. 🙁

That's a good haul!

Never had anything like that though I did get my grandparent's box brownie last year. Still haven't used it yet. 🙁

Jay
    Participant

I grab this photo using the 80mm on the macro setting at F5.6

Red Velvet Birthday - Raleigh, North Carolina

Jay
    Participant

I grab this photo using the 80mm on the macro setting at F5.6

Red Velvet Birthday - Raleigh, North Carolina

Susan David
    Participant

@geolojay Sweet picture 🙂 And great loot. A friend of mine gave me a 50mm lens for my Nikon a couple years ago. Hard to believe I haven't owned one before.

Susan David
    Participant

@geolojay Sweet picture 🙂 And great loot. A friend of mine gave me a 50mm lens for my Nikon a couple years ago. Hard to believe I haven't owned one before.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>