Hello, "Let Me Introduce Myself…."

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Hello, "Let Me Introduce Myself…."

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dorothy
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @dmstringer

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Well, the topic should help place me in the Boomer generation.  Just saying, lol. Hi, my name is Dorothy. I have arrived here because I have read a lot of articles put out by Light Stalking and have nothing but praise for the information being shared with all us photographers.  I have had a camera in my hand since I remember but my true love happened when I got my first digital (1.5M) camera.  The first thing I noticed, no more kitchen drawers filled with undeveloped rolls of film and second I realized I could take as many pictures as I wanted without the fear of paying to develop an unusable negative.  I then proceeded to learn to process my photos with Paint Shop Pro and then moved on to Photoshop. (I currently pay 9.99 a month for the Adobe Creative Cloud for Photographers which keeps me totally up to date on software) <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> I always thought I was cheating using software to edit my photos until I found out that Ansel Adams did a lot of manipulating of his photos in his dark room (I love his work) and realized that Photoshop is my dark room</span>.  I try to improve on what I get out of the camera all the time so I don’t have to do a lot in the software but I also found out that because I do all in RAW now it is necessary to do some processing.  Let’s see, I love trees, each and every one has a personality; I like to take photos as things catch my eye (I don’t always plan what I shoot) and I have fallen in love with doing Black and White myself. I will aspire to Ansel Adams work.  I have begun the steps to start a photography business (scary and definitely overwhelming), I have a LLC (Joy Is, LLC) a business license, a sales tax certificate, a web domain (hope to set up a business web page through Adobe Creative Cloud – Portfolio), business cards, a Face Book page, an Instagram account, etc.  All this and yet still so much to do PLUS I need to get my work to a point people will want to purchase it.  Enough said, bottom line, I love photography and am happy to be here. Thanks for listening.

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster
          • https://www.instagram.com/livingsta/
          • https://www.flickr.com/photos/livingsta/
          @dahliaambrose
          • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Member’s Pick Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

@dmstringer Hi Dorothy, welcome to the forums and good to know about your interests and what you aspire to do in the field of photography. Look forward to seeing some of your works here 🙂

JasenkaG
          Participant
            • https://instagram.com/the_queen_of_poppies
            @jasenkag
            • Contender Icon
            • Photo of the Year Winner Icon
            • Member’s Pick Icon
            • Throwdowner Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

@dmstringer Hello Dorothy, welcome to Light Stalking!

We’re glad that you like reading our articles and that you decided to join our community.

If you have any questions or suggestions for us, let us know 🙂

Federico Alegria
            Participant
              • https://www.instagram.com/federico.alegria/
              @federicoalegria
              • Contender Icon
              • Member’s Pick Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

What a nice and really complete introduction, thanks for sharing so much of your background and context with us @dmstringer, feel free to share some of your photographs with us!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author