Ideas wanted

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Ideas wanted

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hart 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Before I spend a lot of time in post I thought the sharks might have some ideas for this.  I don't usually care much for tilted photos but this was a bit boring when shot with a level camera. This is on my rooftop terrace so I can reshoot no problem.

Morning Shadows, Sombras de la mañana

Tobie

Do you have a cat or dog to fill the foreground? That would do it for me!

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi Lenny, the shadows give a dramatic feel. I like Tobie's idea.

Also, maybe take away the plant and if possible, clone off the building on the top right 🙂

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Toby, can you lent him a Zebra.

Tobie

I think adding more lines would over-do it, Erik! 🙂

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Lots of ways to go with this Lenny. For me it's the shapes that make it and the plant is a distraction. Did a quick mess around with it and came up with this. Maybe it will spark another idea for you.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I have no problem with tilted pictures. I love them. However, I feel like there has to be a reason… at least some aesthetic reason. If a reason is not discernable to the viewer, (in my mind anyway), then it just feels like a mistake. Lenny, your version is “almost” abstract. I don't personally think it works well as a semi-abstract. I like the idea of a cat or a dog in there, especially if they were walking to the left- so that it appeared that they were (imaginatively) clawing their way uphill. That absurd element- could give it the reason for being tilted.

3pco
    Participant

I like Rob's idea.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Lots of good ideas.  We look at this every morning while we drink coffee so there is plenty of time to contemplate.  I like Rob's edit.  I don't have any pets, how about a pink flamingo ? 🙂

Pink Flamingo

Graham Hart
    Participant

When I look at your image, I see the railings and the floor tiles, both of which remind me of chess. You wanted ideas so here's one. I think that the chequered tiles add something to the image though and it kind of stands on its own without any props.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Graham Hart.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Graham Hart.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>
Skip to toolbar