- January 10, 2019 at 5:56 am #384007
Finally got some time to go take some snaps. This is part of a huge indoor lily pond in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.
- January 10, 2019 at 9:24 am #384012
I like it. Nice use of Minimalism.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:53 pm #384151
- January 10, 2019 at 10:49 am #384025
Love the dark Background on against the leaves.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:57 pm #384152
- January 10, 2019 at 11:26 am #384034
Perfect background to juxtapose colors Graham.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:59 pm #384155
Thanks John. As I mentioned to Robert, what was initially a desire to get rid of distractions turned out to be a boost to the juxtaposed minimalism of the pic.
- January 11, 2019 at 3:53 pm #384300
I like this mucho, Graham, just for the simplicity…
- January 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm #384354
Thanks Tom. Same here.
- January 12, 2019 at 6:07 pm #384479
Hi Graham, I like it too. I probably would never make an image like this myself. I probably would just miss it if I saw it.
I know it's not the ST but I think it might work even a bit more minimal if you work some more on the dark BG. There are quite some smudges in the water.
Something like this:
- January 12, 2019 at 8:04 pm #384493
Thanks for spotting this Erik. Much better. To be honest, I didn't really spot this image myself until I got home and noticed how distracting the reflections in the water were. It was only then I decided to darken the reflections out and subsequently discovered a rather pleasing minimalist picture. If nothing else, it says something about realsitic vs creative photography I think. Both have their place. Here's the original;
- January 12, 2019 at 7:37 pm #384488
I really like lily pad images. This composition is great, Graham, with the different sizes and angles of the pads. I like the almost black water against the pads. I did try pp on this trying to get where Erik got. I like the lush green and really dark water of Erik's pp.
- January 12, 2019 at 8:07 pm #384494
Thanks Anne. Seems to be my modus operandi…trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, ‘cos most of my shots are sow's ears! 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.