Perspectives

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Thompson 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Robert Apple
    Participant

The Current Weather in Buffalo Wy.

I remember this being a Cold Windy Day on Bodega Bay in California,

But it looks like it would be pretty darn comfy about now.

Bodega Bay.jpg

MaryandNeil
    Participant

This looks pretty flat, the rocks not he left are a bit too dark to pick out much detail and the sea is a grey and fairly life less. The action of the wave was no doubt impressive at the scene but in your photo it is fairly insignificant. I am certainly no expert but if it was mine I would consider cropping it tighter, leaving out the first section of rock in the foreground, down to the “fluffy” clouds in the back ground and leaving out a lot of the bland sea. I would try it in B&W or brighten it up. It would make the wave crash more of a focal point and hopefully bring out some the detail of the rock.

That's just my opinion as an enthusiast. Enjoy your photography

Robert Apple
      Participant

No offense taken, and in fact you illustrated my purpose in choosing this photo perfectly. It truly was a cold, grey, unlit day, with a lifeless looking sea. And even that looks warm when it's five degrees below f outside.

MaryandNeil
    Participant

Excuse my foolishness, I thought this was in the shark tank I hope there is no offence taken here

Robert Apple
      Participant

Also Thought I would mention that is a good Critique , never really considered doing much with this photo, was more of a memento from My Wife and I's first vacation together. I don't have a raw version of the original photo, and the original really wasn't of any quality anyway but your suggestion would have definitely brought some more pop to it and yielded something kinda like this, again, good Critique.

Bodega Bay.jpg

MaryandNeil
    Participant

Thanks and what you have produced is what I imagined, I have surprised myself:)

John Thompson

Wow I have not been to Bodega Bay since the early 60's.  Northern California is such a natural treasure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar