Picnic

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chris pook 2 months ago.

• Author

chris pook
    Participant

Mainly shot on an iPhone, but admit there is a bit of GFX in here as well.  I was going to drop this in the Mobile Monday challenge but editing was on a macbook which, while kind of mobile, is not really in the spirit of the Mobile Monday.  🙂

Spot the use of camera for prop… nervous?  Me?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  chris pook.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

These are the women rescued from ISIS? How wonderful to see their lives changed in such a positive way. It was interesting to watch the dancing. It's very much like the American Indian form of dance.

chris pook
      Participant

Yes Kent, and it was great to see them smiling and having fun.

Robert Apple

Its good to see the ones that made it out celebrating life in comparison to the last news story I read about the SAS finding 50 severed heads of Yazidi sex slaves in a Isis Tunnel.

Thanks for Posting this Chris

chris pook
      Participant

Absolutely!  It is sad in the camps at the moment, because those who are left are losing hope of seeing those they thought were still captive.  There are still some making it out though, bit by bit.  I met a 15 year old boy who had been returned to his family on Friday.  He has been away for 5 years.  To say they were overjoyed…

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Chris, can't play the file. It keeps buffering. But the first shot looked great!

chris pook
      Participant

Thanks Erik, maybe youtube is faster than vimeo?

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this video with us Chris, it is always a pleasure to see the world through your eyes.

chris pook
      Participant

Thanks Federico.  I realise how lucky I am to live the life I lead with the friends and family I have.

Falxy
    Participant

yeah wot about the ‘rescued' woman that still believe in dogma and shit…………sry but its not all nice/rounded/good ending

chris pook
      Participant

I’m not sure what you mean Robert?  Are you talking about Shamima Begum, the British woman who joined ISIS and now wants to come home, although she is still defending the actions of IS?  I would see those who crossed borders to join Islamic State tried in the countries that they lived in.  In Baghdad she would get either life, or execution.  The Iraqi courts are not fond of those who crossed borders to join a terrorist organization.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  chris pook.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.