Pop Quiz – Vintage Style

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Pop Quiz – Vintage Style

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Samantha “Mari” Harris 9 months ago.

• Author

I love to make my modern photos have that vintage film look. ???????? Hope you like!????

~XOXO Mari

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I Love it! Vintage film Look? Successful! She's a cute model.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow, love it Mari. Do you do the setups for shots like these in a studio? Love the colours, the set up, the model and everything about the image 🙂

Thank you! 🙂 Yes, I do setup in studio. With a few friends who assist with hair and wardrobe for the models.

Tom M
    Participant

Like it-very Norman Rockwellish…

Tom

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Ready for the cover of Saturday Evening Post! Really well done Mari. Good title too.

bucweeet
    Participant

A couple of things I really like about this image Mari.

First the colour combination. It looks like her outfit is greenish/blue and I find the green/yellow background compliment it very well. Although not ‘complimentary' colors in nature, this is a great depiction on how ‘analogous' colours (colours beside each other) can work well together.

And secondly, the deft hand used to bring about the ‘softness' in the image. Now a days there is so much stress put on a sharp focus (which this image also has) but I especially like the softness you have instilled into the image.

Really nicely done.!

Thank you bucweet! 🙂 I love to get the color correction just right to really give it that vintage look. I also agree about sharp focus, soft focus makes an image so much easier on the eyes.

Falxy
    Participant

Hi Samantha……….your moniker bottom left leaves me a tad cold and the right and left should be equal….tis rubbish NOT! 🙂

I also love it………..really fresh…………………and a fantastic pose,well done! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.