POTW – September 21, 2015

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – September 21, 2015

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bhushan 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Wood Cutter at Sunset

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Kent DuFault.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Kent DuFault.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

This week the POTW goes to Bhushan Shikhare for his image, “Woodcutter”. There is no denying the immediately visual impact of this image. It's eye-catching. However, it also incorporates one of my other favorite elements in a photograph, and that is a sense of mystery. The color and composition lend to a feeling of exotic location. The ax laying across the Wood Cutters shoulders is what really cements this image into the great category. Try and imaging this same shot if the man's arms hung limp at his sides. I understand that Bhushan cloned in an extra bird, and I'm ambivalent as to whether that was an improvement. The image is composed in an almost perfect Golden Spiral.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Stunning shot, it would be good as a landscape, but the ‘Woodcutter' makes it! Congrats.

lburgess
    Participant

Gorgeous! Love everything, even the extra bird! Well deserved

Albirder
    Participant

Well chosen. I was immensely impressed when @simonparks recognized that a bird was cloned in when the image was first posted. I guess that should be a wakeup call to us all. We can get fancy, and that is okay, but the world will know.

SimonParks
    Participant

Hi Albirder, only because it's something that I do alot of the time! What do they say….it takes a thief to catch a thief! Great image, picture postcard stuff!

Bhushan
    Participant

Thank you all light stalkers, without your support and Critics my image will not reach at POTW. Special Thanks to Kent DuFault for choosing ‘Wood Cutter at Sunset' as POTW.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.