- March 2, 2018 at 7:20 pm #331547
Advice please,looking for a high end,fixed lense camera for street photography.
- March 3, 2018 at 5:55 am #331574
I have a Fujifilm XIOOT which is now updated to XIOOF at 24 mp. Like a film camera it has aperture, shutter speed and ISO comp as dials so no menu access required. Worth a look. I’m very happy with my older copy even though I’ll likely trade up.
- March 4, 2018 at 8:48 am #331661
I don't think this is what you are looking for, and yet I cannot help but recommend it. Wonderfully simple to use, great engineering, pick up a decent one for between £100 and £150;
It is very unobtrusive. I took some shots at a presentation a couple of years ago and no one was at all camera aware.
- March 4, 2018 at 6:34 pm #331723
- March 5, 2018 at 1:57 am #331751
I missed the ‘high end'… here you go, there can be only one!
- March 5, 2018 at 2:54 am #331753
If I look for something small and compact with fixed lens at the moment I'd look at the bridge cameras @falx.
The Canon Powershot SX 60 would top my list or if I feel like getting something closer to ‘pro' and even smaller I'd look at something in Canon's G-range with the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II top of my list (review: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-g7-x-mark-ii-review).
- March 5, 2018 at 9:38 am #331780
I recently bought the Panasonic LUMIX GX-85. I love it. Small and handles exposure changes really well. You can capture multiple frames at a high rate and then choose the one you like later. You can also set it so that all focus points will take a picture, and then later you can decide where you would like to place the focus. It's not a fixed lens. However, you can put a prime lense on it if you want to. In the world of photography- it's not extremely expensive. I feel like it is a hidden gem.
- March 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm #331960
Hi Falxy, not sure if you are looking for something similar to the Sony RX100 series as you have mentioned fixed lens. But like Kent has suggested, you can get a mirrorless with just a prime lens. Should be really compact 🙂
- March 7, 2018 at 6:24 am #331984
Based on the last couple of responses above: if I had been considering buying a mirrorless / non-fixed lens kit right now for traveling purposes then I would have bought the Fujifilm X-T20 without thinking twice.
- March 7, 2018 at 9:22 am #331995
For a non fixed lens and tilt screen I agree with you on this one Tobie.
- March 7, 2018 at 7:10 pm #332038
Thx all……although maybe not Chris….old filmer to £6000,lol….I did state high end! 🙂
Looking for a quality camera to just pick up and go plus no lense changing dilemmas plus unobtrusive…..gotta say the Fuji x20 fits the bill(x2 bit more expensive)
- March 8, 2018 at 9:07 am #332116
Lol. Let us know what you get. 🙂
- March 9, 2018 at 6:59 pm #332240
first thing that comes to mind,5p sainsbury bag………….all pressure self inflicted……………….love imaging,hate imaging……………you know most enjoyment ive had with a camera was berlin with a d300 and just a 50mm lense………….so wanna hit simple……………..as in just take…as in all the kit i have has just become a weight of expectation.
i'll let you know
still love you alls company 🙂
- March 15, 2018 at 4:49 pm #333161
well had the eye op today…..but hopefully make it to Birmingham Photo Show on Monday to get my hands on…………
- March 15, 2018 at 5:18 pm #333169
Hope the op went well Duncan!
- March 15, 2018 at 7:55 pm #333202
Yeah as fine as it could……….but the wife went for an xray on her back……….gardening damage a few weeks ago…..got a fracture……….! puts my eye into context…………I feel great for just getting it done,wife is in hospital overnightl!!
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by Falxy.
- March 16, 2018 at 10:15 pm #333645
- March 17, 2018 at 8:56 am #333748
Yes, hope you are both making fast progress on the road to recovery!
- March 18, 2018 at 1:53 am #334013
Wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery Duncan 🙂
- March 19, 2018 at 8:48 pm #334248
Update…..eye improving,wifes back is mending oh and purchased Fuji x-T2.
- March 20, 2018 at 12:44 am #334270
Good to hear Falxy. Look forward to some pics from the x-T2.
- March 20, 2018 at 1:39 am #334277
Well, that's their flagship for the moment Falx so I'm sure you're not going to regret it! Looking forward to the shots coming in!
- March 20, 2018 at 8:05 am #334321
Good to hear that Duncan 🙂
- March 20, 2018 at 9:54 am #334333
Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts on it.
- March 19, 2018 at 9:44 pm #334252
It's all good Duncan!!!
- March 21, 2018 at 4:14 pm #334445
Followed you into Fuji Duncan, little e-bay compulsive purchase arrives tomorrow. GFX 50s / 110m f2. Home for 5 days, that this was on e-bay was just good Karma, obviously… now I just have to get it back to work without wifey noticing it. 🙂
- March 23, 2018 at 6:38 pm #334753
Chris yer i got a plebs lense that alternates between 2 something and 4 something…………..also extends like an elephant phallus…………but gonna give it a go………………..of course gonna upgrade..cus thats the way it works ! 🙂 …………..travel camera……………like going out all day with a 50mm on your best.
On the other hand…….upgrade…………wish…………
shit what a waste of money……………………………..
- March 24, 2018 at 4:24 am #334786
Think of it as an investment! If you sell any images you get ROI to your wallet. If you put some images on the wall, you get ROI to your soul (1).
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing what images you come back with.
(1) Available for shopping therapy at any time.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by chris pook.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.