T A Moulton Barn

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat T A Moulton Barn

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Apple 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Was feeling a bit unconventional when I first photographed this structure

T A Moulton Barn

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

This is a great image Robert. I like the geometry, textures and at the same time how it depicts the weather. Hope everything is ok where you are ๐Ÿ™‚

Robert Apple

Thanks Dahlia,
      Yeah were doing great, I know the news is getting almost ridiculous abut the weather. I know when I lived in Minnesota there was a two week period where it never got warmer than -20f. There may be some records being set but these are weather occurrences that have happened many time just in my life time. Where @kent is in Minnesota the city of Minneapolis, last I knew, had almost 10 miles on interconnected sky ways which were constructed just so people could travel between stores and businesses and stay out of the winter cold.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Hi Robert, great colors and composition ๐Ÿ™‚ Your image made me google T A Molton Barn!

Robert Apple

Thanks Jasenka,
      This is widely known as the most photographed barn in the world. part of my motivation to do something different.

John Thompson

I love it Robert.ย  The barn in the snow.ย  It was made for photographing.

Robert Apple

Thanks John, it was good combination.

Tom M
    Participant

Definitely has character. Would like to see the rest of it please if you have it…

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Cudos for your approach to photograhing this iconic structure Robert. Iโ€™ve not seen another like it and it stands well on itโ€™s own.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Great take on a common theme in these hallowed pages Robert. I love the originality of this shot with the crisp textured woodwork standing out against the towering background. Something about seeing the door hinges and little details bring the viewer closer to what it was actually like to be there back in the day.

Robert Apple

Thank you Graham,

I like your viewpoint.

beth
    Participant

it is a very unconventional photo of this over-photographed barn.ย  but it works.ย  excellent job seeing the details.

Robert Apple

Thanks Beth,Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.