- July 3, 2018 at 11:32 am #351954
We were at Outlaw Cave at Hole in the Wall, the Cave where Butch Cassidy as well as many other outlaws of the old west hid out, waiting for sunset as a massive thunder storm moved in and darkened the sky, rain and hail fell for 20 minutes before a few tiny holes in the clouds opened up just as the sun went down, luckily perfectly lining up with the sun and creating a spot light on these hills. It was still lightly raining as we ran up the hill to get this shot, as well as others I will share later, which accounts for some of the softness and then I set the aperture wide open to soften the fore ground and back ground even further to highlight the lit up cliffs.
- July 3, 2018 at 12:05 pm #351962
Ok everyone…VIEW THIS LARGE!!
Robert what a killer..love it!!!
- July 5, 2018 at 10:15 am #352235
- July 3, 2018 at 12:12 pm #351964
A very unique shot Robert! Love the effect of the sun on the other side of the canyon / ravine!
- July 5, 2018 at 10:16 am #352236
- July 3, 2018 at 12:20 pm #351966
Love this image! Ominous yet beautiful. You happened to be in the right place at the right time 🙂
- July 5, 2018 at 10:16 am #352237
Thank you Jasenka.
- July 3, 2018 at 3:32 pm #352001
That is a beautiful moment well captured, Robert. Hole in the Wall Gang. I couldn't help but think of this…
- July 5, 2018 at 10:19 am #352238
We were up there for 3 days and it rained most of the time, told my wife how appropriate that was because “Raindrops kept falling on my Head”, I suspect Kent gets that reference, but for those who dont ,that was the theme song from the move he shared the link to.
- January 13, 2019 at 9:05 am #384544
Kent, still one of my all time favorite movies. Fantastic screenplay by William Goldman, just passed last year.
- July 3, 2018 at 4:48 pm #352013
Wow, wow, wow…!!!! Robert, love this image so much. That light is just amazing and you captured this moment at the right time 🙂
- July 5, 2018 at 10:20 am #352239
Thanks for the kind words Dahlia.
- July 4, 2018 at 12:09 pm #352172
This is one of those shots we all strive to get. This is beautiful. Saying well done does not seem enough Robert.
- July 5, 2018 at 10:21 am #352240
That means a lot coming for the master of Red Rock Photography.
- July 5, 2018 at 11:32 pm #352338
The beautiful majesty of light! What a stunner Robert. Hard to take my eyes off this shot, its very addictive viewing.
- July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm #352339
Thank you Graham
- July 9, 2018 at 8:49 pm #353423
Utterly magnificent! This is the kind of shot every photographer who die to have taken.
- July 16, 2018 at 2:23 pm #354570
- January 9, 2019 at 12:09 am #383847
Kudos. I'm a late-comer to this party, but it got you a follow at Flickr. That's a magnificent shot. And that leads me to a question that ought to be in a different place, perhaps, but: Is there a top-quality guide to decisions about enlarging or printing on paper vs. canvas vs. steel vs. acrylic?
- January 9, 2019 at 1:45 pm #383912
Thanks Ed , as far as your question goes I would post it as a question in general Photo Chit Chat Forum.
- January 12, 2019 at 10:52 am #384464
wow! this is amazing!
- January 13, 2019 at 1:44 am #384515
- January 13, 2019 at 9:05 am #384545
Magical Robert. Have to visit one day.
- January 13, 2019 at 10:30 am #384547
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.