The Endless Prairie

Home Photography Forums Landscape Photography The Endless Prairie

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Apple 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Taken from the vantage point of our camper.

Right Click on Image and open in a new tab for full viewing pleasure.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

That's such a peaceful landscape, Robert. I would definitely print it in large format 🙂

Robert Apple

Thanks Jasenka, and it was quite peaceful, we saw one vehicle go down the road in the distance in the 3 days we were up there. Other than wildlife and wind the only other noises were a couple of high flying jets overhead.

John Thompson

Great pano Robert.  The scene just goes on and on right to the clouds.  What lens did you use for this??

Robert Apple

Thanks John, I used a Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95  which is a fully manual lens. This was a handheld 4 shot pano which I shrunk about 60% for uploadability.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! This is a great image Robert. Love it so much. Looks like an Autumn scene 🙂

Robert Apple

Thanks Dahlia, this was three weeks ago, the snow was still on the ground in the shady spots, we were there again last weekend and it was in the 80's and things were just starting to green up. It's been a long winter that may just be over.

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

That's a really long Winter Robert. Good to know that the grass is starting to sprout 🙂

Graham Hart
    Participant

Wow, that sure is big country Robert. “Far as the eye can see”…not as common a saying as it used to be in today's world. Looks like a great place to put the billy on and have a chin wag.

(translation: put the kettle on and have a chat) 🙂

Robert Apple

Lol, in my world it's more like pop the cap, shut up and enjoy the quiet.

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

I love it Robert! My kind of place.

beth
    Participant

gorgeous wyoming prairie.  it makes me want to sneeze just looking at all of that grass, but it's still pretty.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Definitely need to see this large – great capture Robert.  I can just imagine camping there enjoying the peace and quiet.  Thank you for sharing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.