Shooting streetscapes is amazingly rewarding because you can share your neighborhood and how you see it with everyone else. There are 33 great examples of streetscapes here all with a variety of different styles so most all bases are covered.
Grab your camera and walk out your front door, but take note to a few common themes in these photos:
- Square is the new rectangle. The Square format is coming back bigger then ever!
- Timing is everything. The street right in front of your house will look different at sunrise, mid-day and sunset, and like a different world at night. Experiment with shooting the same scene at different times
- Seasonal changes drastically effect photos. There are some summer, winter, spring and fall photos here. Take note to how interesting a winter scene would be if it was summer.
- Angle of view. Most people take photos while standing up, but experiment with getting down to ground level, or standing on a bridge looking down.
- Utilize a tripod for longer exposures at night
As a photographer, I've always found it really interesting to try and go shoot what I commonly see in my neighborhood in a new an unique manner. Give it a try, photo walks through your own neighborhood can often reveal amazing new things you never knew were there, and use these 33 photos as some inspiration!