Ok let's be honest, when it rains, it is really a great opportunity for procrastination and an excuse to leave you and your camera inside – safe, dry and warm!
But the rain might be the perfect opportunity for photography – adversity may inspire images and creativity that you may not find at other times.
In a previous post, Federico gave us 5 creative photography projects for a rainy day. He recommended photographing…
- Reflections in puddles
- Through glass
- People walking in the rain
- Plants adorned with droplets
…and in this gallery, you will see plenty of these themes to inspire you.
So, while you remain nice and dry, here are 43 images that will have you singing and photographing in the rain!
[thrive_text_block color=”note” headline=””]If you want to be able to photograph anytime, anywhere and want to produce great photographs under any conditions, you should check out the DSLR Crash Course over at Photzy.
The DSLR Crash Course aims to clarify the fundamentals so that you understand the building blocks of photography and build the experience you need to progress. This is a course where you will be taken by the hand and lead step-by-step in discovering photography skills using your DSLR.
Get The DSLR Crash Course Today[/thrive_text_block]
Learning A New Skill Can Be Difficult But Rewarding
Perhaps the greatest appeal of photography is its a mixture of the creative and technical into one all-encompassing pastime or profession. For newcomers to it, this can be an attractive, but also a daunting prospect. It can seem like there is a very steep learning curve to photography. The DSLR Crash Course aims to clarify the fundamentals so that you understand the building blocks of photography and build the experience you need to progress. This is a course where you will be taken by the hand and lead step-by-step in discovering photography skills using your DSLR.
Beginning A Photography Journey Doesn't Need To Be Daunting
If you've enjoyed and been inspired by this gallery of photographs in the rain, then you will want to take a look at the DSLR Crash Course. This is a course where you will be taken by the hand and lead step-by-step in discovering photography skills using your DSLR.
In the DSLR Crash Course you will learn:
- How you can get the correct exposure in ANY situation. (this one eludes even the most seasoned photographers)
- A practical in-depth breakdown of ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed. (It's important to master the fundamentals)
- Handling difficult backlighting (backlighting- the thorn in every photographer’s side)
- Discover what metering modes are and how you can effectively use them to create the images you want, every time.
- The Focus, Lock, and Recompose Method (a tried-and-true method for shooting competently and quickly)
- Choosing The “Correct” Auto-focusing Mode (honestly… did you know there could be a correct, or incorrect, mode)
- How to effectively Control Shutter Speed Using Aperture Priority
- A shootout between Wide Angle Lens vs Telephoto Lens. So you'll have the knowledge to confidently pic what to use in each situation.
- Understanding Depth of field, so you can create those highly desirable images with amazing background blur.
- PLUS – An entire section of image case-study breakdowns where you'll be talked through, how to properly meter each scene, what exposure mode would work best, what the correct color balance setting would be, and whether you should be concerned about shutter speed, aperture or both… For each shot.
- And much more