Last Updated on by
Sony, we have a problem! This video from Youtuber, that1cameraguy is getting a lot of attention today with the revelation that he managed to get the vaunted Sony A9 to overheat in outdoor sports conditions in a mere 20 minutes. Considering this camera was marketed as a sports camera, this could pose quite a problem.
Watch the video for yourself.
Some highlights from the video:
- Under the same conditions and immediately prior to shooting with the A9, that1cameraguy was shooting with the Nikon D500 which worked find for 3.5 hours at 85 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- After swicthing to the A9, he was quite happy with the autofocus, performance and bright viewfinder and grip and was even happy with the medium setting for the burst rate.
- But then, 20 minutes in, at 81 Fahrenheit, with sun above head the dreaded overheating notification came up on the camera.
- It is worth noting that this photographer also had the Sony A7RII also overheat in similar conditions some time back.
- Claim Your Free Camera Craft Cheat Sheet
Print it out and keep it for when you really need it - when you're out shooting!