Light Stalking has grown into a thriving community with close to a million people following us or seeing us online in one form or other, every month. In all of the hullabaloo, it’s easy to miss the core of what’s happening in photography on Light Stalking. So that’s why we decided to sum it up for you. Here’s what you missed recently on Light Stalking.
The Most Popular Stories from the Last 7 Days
• 35 Amazing and Colourful Photographs of Dragonflies – These gorgeous insects can be found in your back garden…if you're lucky.
• How to Recover Deleted and Corrupted Photos from Your Memory Card – Don't panic. Your images are not gone forever. Get them back with image recovery software.
• How to Photograph Textures – Textures can be found everywhere and these tips will help you photograph them for fun and profit.
• 22 Clever and Intresting Photographs of Wall Murals and Street Art – Clever context can produce an effective photo of a wall mural. These photos are excellent examples.
What You Missed in the Light Stalking Community
Submit your photographs for this week’s photography challenge – Mid-Afternoon. Some photographers shy away from the midday sun, but this week challenge yourselfand go out and shoot in it. Also, check out the fantastic images from last week in Evening.
Other Weekly Photography Challenges:
View this week’s Mobile Monday Challenge.
Submit your photographs for Wild Wednesday Challenge. This week’s challenge is “wild” and other than that there are no rules
We’d love to chat with you! Add your opinions here:
• A Cup of Toads
• Terrorists in the Car Park
• Exciting New Toy
What Are Our Members Up To?
We have some amazing members here at Light Stalking that runs the gamut from career professional photographers through to beginner enthusiast. Here’s what a few of them are up to in photography.
Great Shots Uploaded to the Light Stalking Community
If you’re not already part of the Light Stalking community then come and join the fun. We promise not to bite!
What We Recommend to Improve Your Photography Fast
It's possible to get some pretty large improvements in your photography skills very fast be learning some fundamentals. Consider this the 80:20 rule of photography where 80% of the improvements will come from 20% of the learnable skills. Those fundamentals include camera craft, composition, understanding light and mastering post-production. Here are the premium guides we recommend.