Light Stalking has grown into a thriving community with close to a million people following us or seeing us online in one form or other, every month. In all of the hullabaloo, it's easy to miss the core of what's happening in photography on Light Stalking. So that's why we decided to sum it up for you. Here's what you missed recently on Light Stalking.
The Most Popular Stories from The Last 7 Days
- 7 Photographs That Show Society's Debt to Photography – These images are a stark demonstration of how photography can make society a much better place.
- 22 Landscape Photographs That Use Power Lines to Great Effect – Every landscape photographer has hated power lines at some point. But these photographers turned it into a positive.
- What Photographers Must Know About the Sky When Shooting Outdoors – The sky can be a tricky think to adjust for in landscape photography. Here are a few things you should be thinking about when shooting outdoors.
- Depth of Field – A Short Guide for Beginners – One of the most fundamental skills of photography is understanding depth of field. Here's how we do it.
Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week by Dru Stefan Stone
Dru is offering some amazing free downloadable desktop wallpapers on her blog so head over and grab them while she leaves them up.
And don't forget to follow her on:
What You Missed in the Light Stalking Community
Submit your photographs for this week's photography challenge – Flowers, Weeds and Grass and check out the fantastic images from last week in high key photography.
We'd love to chat with you! Add your opinions here:
- Black and white digital development
- Flower of the day
- Post your blue hour photos
- What are your interests outside of photography?
What Are Our Members Up To?
We have some amazing members here at Light Stalking that runs the gamut from career professional photographers through to beginner enthusiast. Here's what a few of them are up to in photography.
Tom Dinning started a new photography blog – Notes from the Camera.
Toad Hollow has just about finished their second guide to HDR. Make sure you don't miss out and sign up here.
Ryan Bater has been putting up some amazing commercial model shots on his Facebook page lately that are worth checking out.
Other Great Shots Uploaded to the Light Stalking Community
What We Recommend to Improve Your Photography Fast
It's possible to get some pretty large improvements in your photography skills very fast be learning some fundamentals. Consider this the 80:20 rule of photography where 80% of the improvements will come from 20% of the learnable skills. Those fundamentals include camera craft, composition, understanding light and mastering post-production. Here are the premium guides we recommend.