HDR (High Dynamic Range) images often make our eyes bleed. Don’t get us wrong, we think HDR is an awesome way to bring out lighting in a photograph that was difficult to bring out in any other way, but since the world was first introduced to HDR, it has been a little overdone by some folks. Now sometimes overdone has its place, but we should remember that you can also use HDR to produce realistic and beautiful photographs. Here are a few that we think get the balance just right.
Majestic Tree by G a r r y.
Strange by Christolakis.
Autumn at Rock Island Falls by Lee McCain.
Morning Meeting at the Fish Market by Lucas Jans.
Good Morning by Lutz-R. Frank.
The home of the red knight!! by fatboyke.
The Lightness of Being by Lee McCain.
Milan – Il Duomo – 12-01-2008 – 00h11 by Panoramas.
Single by Christolakis.
Steveston style Cosmetic Surgery – Bow lift by janusz l.
Passeggiando by Roby Ferrari.
Into the future but not without the past by janusz l.
All Ashore by ecstaticist.
Sunrise and Fog on the Refuge by Lee McCain.
Holsbeek, Belgium by fatboyke.
View from our cottage by wili_hybrid.
Jungfrau by Pear Biter.
More Resources on HDR
- 50 Beautiful HDR Images from 50 World Cities
- A Simple HDR Tutorial
- Second Picture’s HDR Tutorial
- Stuck in Customs’ HDR Tutorial (PDF)
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- 6 Essential Tips for Taking Good Photographs on a Bright and Sunny Day - January 17, 2017
- 9 Obsessions You Will Get as Your Photography Improves - January 13, 2017
- How to Photograph Kids and Get Gorgeous Shots - January 12, 2017