Photography is a study in light and one of the most interesting times to capture light is after dark.
Cityscapes and your street photography can be given a new and interesting perspective when photographed at blue hour. Capturing the moon and stars in all their glory is tricky but exciting and addictive.
Experiment with bokeh or pop down the beach to capture a very different shot of the everyday.
Night photography is a great way to think about light, so here are 45 incredible shots to inspire you to go out after dark.
For More On Night Photography
- Night Photography Tips and Techniques – Picture Correct has a post providing some important tips and tricks
- Quick Tips for Getting Started With Night Photography – Jason D Litte gets you started here
- How to Photograph Fireworks – for some great tips see our post on how to photograph fireworks
- How to Photograph the Moon – one of our most popular guides, check it out
- Night Photography Camera Settings For Beginners – a beginners guide from Improve Photography
- How to Photograph the Milky Way
- 12 Tips For Taking Gorgeous Nighttime Photos – Tom's Guide shares some tips
- How to Photograph Star Trails: The Ultimate Guide – star trails are great, so see our guide to getting it right