Last Updated on by
Rivers are the life-blood of communities. The snake through our cities and towns, we use them to travel on, relax on, and even trade on. Whether they be peaceful, babbling or a torrent racing to the sea, rivers sooth the soul, so what better way to capture them, than in black and white.
The trouble is, in the age of the DSLR we need to convert to black and white. Of course, great black and whites start in camera, but the biggest challenges in black and white photography lie in knowing which images will work well in black and white and in understanding the important role post-processing plays in controlling tone and contrast when converting a photo to black and white.
If the idea of taking amazing black and white photographs of beautiful rivers grabs at something in your soul, and you want to learn how to emulate the masters, please take a look at Kent DuFault's Better Black And White Guide.
But for now, let's see what you can do with black and white conversions! We hope these 41 photographs of rivers in black and white will inspire you.
Convert Your River Images To Black And White
Studying these beautiful images of rivers is a way to get inspiration and to get your creative juices flowing.
The Better Black And White Guide – will ensure you get images that are timeless. You'll get more out of your landscapes or cityscapes, and you'll represent images in a timeless fashion.
If you are interested, this guide will teach you everything you need to know about controlling tone and contrast to get the images you want. Click here now to check it out.
We hope you've enjoyed this gallery of stunning rivers in black and white. If you want to take photographs like these then make sure you take a look at Kent DuFault's Better Black And White Guide. This is a complete step by step guide to creating stunning black and white conversions – including teaching you everything you need to know about controlling tone and contrast to get the image you want. In it you will learn:
- How to use the B&W conversion process to improve your composition
- Why some “old school” knowledge can turn you into a black & white photographer that everyone else will envy
- The sneaky ways a Pro uses post-production to create amazing tonal range in a black & white photograph
- The secrets to leveraging “color” for a better black & white photograph
- Why automation fools so many photographers, like you, into poor black & white image quality
- How to tell the difference between black & white versus monochrome (This alone could save you in a photo contest)
- A weird (but effective) way to determine if a scene would look good in black and white
- The demystifying truth about “The Zone System” and why it’s imperative that you understand it
- Discover the device that you can purchase (for almost nothing) that can tell you right when you're taking a picture- whether it would make a good black & white image or not.
- And so much more!
If you missed out on your copy last time, it is available again, and on sale right now.