Of all photographic special techniques, sepia photography is one of the most long lasting, and we think, one of the coolest. Even though it's been around for a long time, the effect can still be dramatic and breathtaking.
While sepia used to take skill in the darkroom, these days, you can replicate the effect with Photoshop or Gimp software. That means anyone with a camera and computer has access to these techniques. See the end of the post for some tips on making your own sepia photography images.
We're sure you will agree that sepia is still one of the most atmospheric development techniques that can be applied to a good photograph. And that is why we put together this piece on why sepia photography still kicks ass – we hope you enjoy it.
As always, if you think you have a better sepia photograph or know of somebody who does, please link to it in the comments!
grulla by EmreAyar, on Flickr
Related articles on Sepia Photography:
- Apply Antique Color Tones to a Photograph
- Quick Photoshop Sepia Tone Effect Tutorial
- Selective Sepia (Recommended!)
- Color – Black and white – sepia mixing photoshop tutorial
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Master Baby Photography With These 7 Insightful Tutorials - August 10, 2017
- Want Your Blog Mentioned by LightStalking on Twitter to Over 400k Followers? - August 9, 2017
- 14 Creative and Inspiring Photographs That Were Taken in the Rain - August 9, 2017