Capturing reflections in photography can produce some spectacular images. The problem, however, is that it is not always as easy at it seems to get great reflection shots as it generally requires the shooter to treat the reflection and subject as one item, in much the same way as good images involving shadows is done.
While many photographers try to capture good shots relying on reflection, far fewer actually succeed.
The reflection photos below however, we think are pretty cool and show a fairly broad spectrum of what can be achieved with reflection and shadow in photography. Obviously, there is a bias towards landscapes here, but there might also be a few surprises for you.
As always, please feel free to leave links to any reflection shots you think deserve some recognition and don't forget to check out the links at the end of the post if you want to find out how these photographers took such great reflection photos.
Tutorials and Links on Reflection Photography:
- Water and Reflected Light
- How to Create Reflection in Sunglasses in Photoshop
- Reflection in Photography Video Series
- Taking Photos in and Around Water
- Steve Wall's Water Droplet Photography
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- 3 Fundamentals You Should Aim to Get Right in Every Portrait Photograph - April 25, 2017
- Insta Banning Bots, Ignoring Critics, Big Brands Stealing Photos and More… - April 24, 2017
- How an Award Winning Photo is Made, All 27 PS Blending Modes Explained, Useful Editing Skills and More! - April 11, 2017